Thursday, July 8, 2010

80 sticks of butter

I've been avoiding the scales. Too many times, I've been disappointed because I didn't lose as much as I thought I would, or sometimes, I've even gained weight when I've been working my hardest. I decided I didn't want this to be about a number. But, OK, every so often, I DO need to step on scales. Last night, when I got home from working out, I decided it was time to do that--even though it would be a night time weight. It showed I had lost four pounds!!! I was pretty excited about that, but get this! I decided to go ahead and get my morning weight when I got up this morning.

I've lost 10 more pounds!!! That's 20 pounds altogether! Do you know how many sticks of butter that is???? 80! 80 sticks of butter, gone!

You might say I'm a little excited about this. This is even more motivation to be really serious about my new eating and exercise habits between now and Labor Day. Please, if you've been thinking about losing weight, join me. Just think of all the sticks of butter we can lose together!

No comments:

Post a Comment