Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From now until Labor Day...

Wow! I just finished watching "Losing It With Jillian." I find this show very motivating, and tonight's show was no exception. In fact, I got on my exercise bike while I was watching it! I've been doing pretty well with my eating the last few days, but I really didn't exercise like I should have over the long weekend. I needed this show to get my motivation back, and it worked! I know I wasn't too far off-course, or I'd need more than that. But I watched as people had lost 18, 30, 53 pounds in just six weeks, I was so inspired.

I haven't been weighing myself because I don't want this to be about a number. I want it to be a lifestyle change. Matt has recommended that I weigh at least once a week to keep my motivation up, but I'm concerned that if I don't lose what I think I should, it will have the opposite impact. I'm making a pact with myself, right here in this blog, to challenge myself between now and Labor Day. That's September 6, so for the next two months, I'm going to go all out and really push myself. I'm going to exercise with all my heart. I'm going to focus even more on keeping good eating habits.

Sunday was Independence Day, a great day for our nation. But it's also going to signal for me to declare my own independence from being fat, to be free of all the things that being overweight limits me from doing and being. I saw on "Losing It," how beautiful Cora-Lei was when she walked out at the end of the six weeks. The rest of the family, too. Not only had they lost weight, but their inner beauty and happiness was shining through, too.

I want that. I can have that!

Does anyone want to join me? The great thing about this is that everyone can do this, and it doesn't take away from anyone else's success. Everyone can have their own success story. I hope my blog inspires others to accomplish their goals, too. Maybe the goal isn't weight loss. Maybe it's something entirely different. Whatever it is, let's do it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment