Sunday, March 25, 2012

A good week

This has been a really good week. I've really stuck with my eating and exercise routine, and I've even started to feel the weight loss in my clothes. I was going to weigh myself every other week because I get discouraged if I haven't lost enough, but this week, I could tell I'd lost. I got on the scales, and yes, I'm down another 2 pounds. That's 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks and 25 pounds lighter than a year ago!
I had a great conversation with a co-worker at work. She had done this health assessment that we do at work if we want to have the discounted rate for the gym on campus. I didn't do it this year, as I'm committed to the early morning workouts at Parkside. My friend is in great shape--she lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago but gained back five pounds in the past year. She told me she couldn't believe how much those five pounds impacted her numbers like cholesterol and such. She told me as further motivation to stay on track, and I really appreciate it.
She also told me about this plan she read about where you make one change each week. As she said, she has this tendency to make all sorts of changes all at once, but by making one change each week, you slowly add good habits. I haven't been drinking enough water, so my change for this week is to drink at least five glasses a week and add to it until eventually, it's eight glasses.
I also wanted to mention a great find. My niece is on a no sugar diet and has talked about Lara bars. When I was at Kroger the other day, they were (and still are) on sale for $1 each. I tried them, and they are amazing. I had one for breakfast on Friday and didn't get hungry all morning. Usually when I have any kind of bar like that for breakfast, I start getting hungry mid-morning, but not with these. And they have amazing flavors. I highly recommend checking them out!
Also, we have euchre tournaments for fundraisers for our Relay for Life team. The team provides a meal, and I decided to make a recipe I found on Pinterest for Apple Pineapple Crisp. It fit my diet, my niece's no-sugar diet, a friend's gluten-free diet, plus anyone with diabetes or on Weight Watchers. My niece included the recipe on her blog with the adaptations I made. So I'll just refer you to her blog:
http://spicingupmylife.blogspot.com/
(I think her recipe for Mexican Stuffed Shells sounds amazing, too!)
Well, here's to another week of healthy eating and exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment