Monday, March 19, 2012

Here we go!

Well, my ramped up efforts have paid off. I lost eight pounds in the past two weeks! Other than a 700-calorie splurge involving some buffalo wings,I've really been watching it. (And even then, I stayed under my daily calorie allotment.) With the beautiful weather we've been having, I've spent a little more time walking outside rather than going to the gym, but either way, I'm really trying to move more, too. I hope this soon pays off with lower blood sugar, but I know that's a process and will involve a lot more weight loss and exercise. I'm excited!

It seems like I keep losing and finding these same pounds that I've taken off. I'll be super-happy to lose another five pounds. That will put me under one of those numbers I've set my sights on for quite awhile that I've struggled to slip below. Overall, I can't complain. I'm about 20 pounds lighter than I was a year ago at this time. I'm definitely headed in the right direction, and once I break that number I'm trying to dip below, I'm never going back. It's going to be down, down, down from here on out!

OK, I'll admit it. Yes, the cake looked good this weekend, but really, it wasn't TOO much of a temptation. I didn't eat out much at all this weekend--in fact, come to think of it, I don't think I ate out at all. Every meal was at home or at my sister's, so I'm sure that helps a lot, too. And today, I made some good choices at Qdoba for lunch, so it's all good.

I'm out to win this battle, once and for all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment