Thursday, June 19, 2014

Back in the game

Guess what! I'm back! I've been trying to lose weight for the past few months, but while I have been watching what I eat and exercising more, I just need to dedicate myself to it more. A new at-work session of Weight Watchers begins today, and I'm going to join. I'm writing this blog because I want the accountability. I just read something about how it takes a village, not only to raise a child, but to succeed in weight loss. I found the article inspirational, and I hope you will be part of my village to support me when I succeed and encourage me if I backslide, and to walk beside me if you also want to lose weight. Please let me know how you are doing, too. I think one of my biggest problems with dieting is carving out the time for it. Time for exercise, time to grocery shop and get the fresh foods I need, time to clean, chop, dice--whatever I need to do to make sure the foods are easy to grab for a snack, time to cook and clean up afterwards (sliding through the drive-through for a quick something off the dollar menu becomes way too tempting when you cook for one.) Oh, and I really need to take the time to check out the current Weight Watchers program. I know they change, and I keep wanting to revert to what I was familiar with from Weight Watchers a few years ago. The thing is, I then don't put my whole heart into it. This time, I'm taking a fresh approach--as if I had never been in Weight Watchers before. Because this time I want things to be different. This is going to be the time I succeed in taking off the weight and keeping it off. It's not about looking good; it's about being healthy. So, my first goal is to carve out the time needed to make this a successful venture and do all the things I listed above. After all, I'm worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Nancy! I'm doing the tribal village dance as we speak :-)
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete