Monday, June 30, 2014

Moving it

Exercise is by far my biggest challenge in weight loss. I dislike it with a passion. It doesn't help that I broke my ankle a year and a half ago--ever since then, getting back in the groove has been tough. Now I not only don't like it, but it is more of a challenge because I am so out of shape from not exercising. So I get winded way too easy, and I walk more slowly, and I like it even less than ever. My doctor told me that if I would exercise for just 20 minutes a day, that would be good. I took that to heart, and most days, I have been doing that. But I have to admit, I didn't over the weekend. I was tired from our Relay for Life event, and on Saturday and Sunday, I just didn't make myself do it. I was home. I could have. I didn't. My eating this weekend was fabulous, though. I tracked everything I ate, and I ate very healthy meals with small portions. I can even kind of feel the inner, thinner me itching to get out. Right now, I am very motivated with my diet. Now, I just need to devote at least 20 minutes a day to moving! When I joined Weight Watchers, I also decided to enroll in the 21-day challenge that inspirational leader Lysa TerKeurst offers in conjunction with her book, "Made to Crave." You get 21 days of inspirational emails for free. Today's email was about exercise. I found it helpful, so I am sharing it here: I know I feel a sense of accomplishment when I exercise, that it puts me in the right frame of mind to eat the right things, that it is good for my health--all those positive things. I just need to be more disciplined and do it!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, I am having trouble adding the Made to Crave link to this blog so I will try it in the comments here:
    http://madetocrave.org/2011/02/day-10-but-exercise-makes-me-want-to-cry/

    ReplyDelete