Thursday, June 19, 2014

Step One

I took the first step and went to the Weight Watchers meeting over lunch. I'm signed up for the next 17 weeks. The leader and her assistant, who know me because, let's face it, I've been there before, were welcoming, and I thought the meeting was good. Weight Watchers has a new "Simple Start" plan that looks like a great way to begin. Basically, you have a good-sized list of foods you can have, and you don't have to weigh, measure, or track anything. It's all common sense things like fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, high-fiber carbs--and the book gives recipes and restaurant tips, too. The leader says that while they suggest everyone start off on this plan for two weeks before going to Points Plus, many people like to stay on it because it's easy to follow. Oh, and there is a list of indulgences to choose from each day, too. Tammy, the leader, pointed out that you can take the list on the back of the booklet to the grocery store, and if you buy what's on there, you'll be set with everything you need. How easy is that? After the meeting, I stopped at the Student Center food court. I've been hearing that the salads there are great, so I tried a little one. It was great--sort of like a salad bar, except they put on whatever ingredients you want--so in that way, it's more like Subway. They had a fat-free cilantro lime dressing that's out of this world. I can definitely see this being my routine, and the nice thing is that if I can't make the meeting for some reason, I have plenty of other opportunities with the Weight Watchers' meetings in Peoria and Pekin. I'm feeling very motivated, and I also feel like it's my lucky day--I found some cash on the ground on my way back. It was enough to pay for my WW membership. How about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment