Monday, June 7, 2010

How many calories are in a bug?

The only thing I ate today that I really didn't intend to was a bug that flew in my mouth when I was out for a walk. I am so excited that I'm not tempted by unhealthy snacking at work, one of my major downfalls. I've loaded up my snack supply with bananas and other healthy foods and steered clear from those Reese's peanut butter cups that are my downfall.
I went to lunch with one friend and dinner with another, but I was pleased with my choices and feel like I'm right on track. I'm finding that Yoplait Red Velvet Cake light yogurt is going to be my guilt-free "go gurl" treat. Add in the evening walk, and I feel very content with how I'm doing.
Yesterday, I went to a bridal shower, and I decided ahead of time that I'm going to tackle my weight loss in a realistic way. I didn't know what would be served, other than cake, of course, but I decided that didn't matter. I just told myself to enjoy whatever was served, in moderation. I ate a piece of cake, sans the frosting. Best of all, I passed up the chips and dip served during lunch, chose unsweetened iced tea instead of lemonade, and loaded up on the broccoli in the broccoli salad that was served. I was pleased with my choices and didn't feel like I was depriving myself of anything.
Tomorrow's plan is to go to the gym right after work and of course, keep on track with my eating. (That's part of my habit-forming agenda...make exercise part of my "official" plans. Then it's a priority, and I WILL do it!)

1 comment:

  1. We should eat cake together. I could just eat the frosting and you could eat the cake!!!

    I have been HORRIBLE lately about fitting exercise in. I need to start the habit of walking after dinner again.

    ReplyDelete