Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sorry for the lack of entries. It's been a crazy week--my sister had surgery earlier this week, and I just haven't been much in the mood to write. My diet is going pretty well, but in this heat, I haven't been as good about exercising. I found a "Biggest Loser" video at Best Buy that seems to be working well, though. I especially like it because it shows one person doing a modified version for the things that maybe I'm not quite up to doing at this point. Between walking, using the video, and going t the gym, I think I should have a good "no excuses" combination of ways to exercise.

The support I've been getting has been amazing. I was especially touched when my friend Jana gave me a wall hanging. It quotes 1 Corinthians 10:31, which says, "So whether you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I think this scripture really says it all. More than doing this for myself, I need to do this for the glory of God--to be the best servant I can be for Him. If I'm not healthy, I can't serve him to the best of my ability. This emphasizes to me that this needs to be a time in my life when I reflect on the blessings in my life and make this life change for His glory.

I've hung the wall hanging in the kitchen/family room near my computer. I thought that would be an especially good place for it, because my most likely time to snack is in the evenings when I'm messing around on the computer. Jana is one of my dearest friends. I thought this was such a kind, thoughtful, and appropriate gift, and her support (and that of her family) means a lot to me.

So, the life change adventure continues. I'd appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    You are one of the strongest people I know.
    I'm sorry I just recently found out about your blog and the life change you are undergoing. You may not realize it but not only are you strong, I've always thought of you as a beautiful person. Your personality and the love and compassion you show to your friends and family has always been something I've admired. I look forward to reading your blog as it chronicles the process. You can do this! Love, Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jodi. I hadn't read this yet when you were here last night or I would have said something about your comment. You are so sweet, and I always now I can count on you for support. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete