Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lunch-time post

I decided to stay in over lunch today. It's been snowing, and I just don't want to deal with it. So, while I'm munching on my sliced green peppers and cucumbers, I thought I'd post another blog.
Things are going well. We're on deadline here at work, so I didn't get to make it to the exercise class yesterday. However, I feel like I did well yesterday. I ate healthy foods, and even when I went to a friend's house for a euchre night, I snacked in moderation. The same goes for today.
I'm supposed to work out with my personal trainer today, but if we get a bunch of snow, I'll be rethinking that. Whether I go to the gym or home, though, I WILL work out. I have exercise videos and an exercise bike and absolutely no reason to not work out at home. We'll see how things go.
By the way, for the Peoria area people reading the blog, check out Aldi's. They have great pears, four for 99 cents, and they have 100-calorie packs of almonds, a box of seven for $1.99. I bought some cocoa roasted ones--no added calories or sugar, but wow are they fantastic!
When I told my trainer I was eating oatmeal for breakfast, he told me I should try to add some protein. I asked if he meant an egg...not at all my favorite...but he suggested almonds. These almonds not only help me get the protein I need but also satisfy the chocoholic in me. I definitely recommend them!
A friend at work suggested a few sites I might want to check out. Earlier in my lunch hour, I went to this one: http://skinnyemmie.com/
I really like it...especially her blog about the reset button. I hope you like it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment