Sunday, January 9, 2011

A successful day

I've had a successful day! I went to the Markin Center today where I walked a mile, worked out on various machiens, did wall push-ups, and all-in-all, had a great workout. After that, I stopped at Aldi's and loaded up on all sorts of fresh vegetables and fruit. Tonight, I made a great spaghetti sauce with lots of fresh green peppers, mushrooms, and onions served over whole wheat pasta and a really nice salad, too. I really felt invigorated this evening and got some things done around the house, too. I'm so excited. It would have been easy to skip the workout today, but I just told myself that achieving my goal is more important than anything else I would have accomplished.
I have my lunch packed for tomorrow and have clothes together to take for a workout over lunch. I learned there's a free streching and toning class being offered over the lunch hour on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays so I'm checking it out tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it! I think this will be good fr me. Lunchtime is my social time, and the thing that excites me about this is that at least one of my friends will be in this class too.
I'm geared up for a successful week of weight loss!

1 comment:

  1. Your spaghetti sounds marvelous!

    I like the idea of taking classes. My friend (who is getting married in Sept.) is doing 4 classes in 4 months. I decided to do something kind of similar. I'm taking Yoga on Tuesdays because Yoga's always intimidated me and I want to be able to do it. I went last week and it is so much more intense than you'd think, but I really enjoyed it.

    Great job, Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete