Monday, January 9, 2012

Celery or fries?

So, today my friend Abby and I went to lunch at Wing Stop. I had a buy one, get one free coupon for their combos there. While I enjoyed some boneless wings there, which aren't exactly diet food, I passed up on their AMAZING fries and opted for a side of carrot and celery sticks. So I count that as a victory. Plus, I wasn't even all that tempted by the box of candy sitting just outside my office today. I think that after resisting that incredible tray of goodies on Friday and then getting on the scales the next day to discover a 9-pound loss, I'm motivated.
Gotta say, though, that when Abby and I passed Culver's today and I saw toffee pecan was the frozen custard flavor of the day, I said, "See? Now I can't have that." But my sadness was short-lived and in reality, I wouldn't have stopped there, anyway. It just sounded good.
So, I'm thinking if I can imagine the flavor and be satisfied with that, I can do this.
Regarding my focus on peace, my friend Theresa sent me a wonderful quote the other day:

Peace is not something you wish for.
It's something you make,
Something you do,
Something you are,
And something you give away.

I really like that. I do believe that peace is something you choose. I believe that in the midst of chaos, you can have peace as long as you focus on God and His love and strength. It does become part of who you are. There are certain people in our lives who just exude peace. I'm thinking of one friend in particular. Even when she has a hectic schedule, I see peace in her. I know without a doubt, that it's the peace of God. I bet she doesn't even realize what I see in her. I think I shall tell her next time I see her! She does give peace away.

I hope I do, or will, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment