Saturday, January 7, 2012

I couldn't believe my eyes!

I thought I was smiling yesterday. You should see the elation today!!!

I got on the scales today and couldn't believe my eyes. I have lost 9 pounds since Monday!!!! I actually weighed myself, got all excited and told the cat (because there was no one else here to tell), and got back on the scale to make sure I had it right.

Weight seems to pile on quickly for me. I had lost some weight before a trip to Rome a couple of months ago, but then for various reasons, I didn't workout much and ate holiday goodies, and I had gained much of it back in those two months.

But, getting weight off of me is like pulling fresh gum off a boot with all those ridges on the soles. It holds on for dear life and it seems like you can never get rid of all of it.

I have been very true to my New Year's resolutions: two flights of stairs a day and no desserts. Certainly, I am watching what I eat besides that. However, I have not been completely depriving myself. For instance, last night, a friend and I went to Pizza Hut where her daughter works, and I had a personal pan pizza and salad bar. I love Mexican food and went to Qdoba, but instead of ordering the naked queso burrito with my Craft 2 order, I went with the naked fajita burrito. Also, I went to their website and learned that pork is the leanest meat they serve, so I had it in the burrito and in the soft tacos I ordered for my second choice with this meal. I must say, the pork makes the tacos messier, but it's very good! And, like I said in yesterday's blog, I went with a muffin-like bread for the birthday treat and avoided the cookies and candy that was sitting there. Let me tell you, that was a true test of my willpower there!!!

But you know, today, looking at the scales and weighing 9 pounds lighter, those buckeyes that looked so good yesterday aren't nearly as tempting today. I think the more I resist things like that, the easier it will become. Plus, I will allow myself to have an occasional snack: some popcorn, etc., and I'm trying to stock up on snacky-type fruits and vegetables like cherry tomatoes and bananas and I'll be going to Kroger this weekend to pick up some packages of $1 blackberries, too!

Anyway, I had to share my news. Oh, and of course, I am thanking God. He is my strength, and I need Him--clearly, I haven't been able to do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment