Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking ahead at 2012

It's been a few months since I've posted a blog, but I've been giving some serious thought to improving myself lately and for me, writing about it keeps me focused. So, here we go!

In the December issue of "Guideposts," author Debbie Macomber talks about how she chooses one word to focus on each year. Then, she reads Scripture, journals about it, etc. I was inspired by that and thought I wanted to do that for 2012. She talks about how one word usually chooses itself. She sees it repeatedly or it is prominent in her heart...something.

Two words have emerged for me: peace and discipline. I will talk about these words more in upcoming blogs, but when I think of things I could do to improve myself, my health, and my spiritual journey, these are areas I need to focus upon.

Weight loss continues to be a struggle for me. I lost weight earlier this year, but ended the year probably close to where I started--I haven't gotten on the scales for a couple of months. Clearly, self-discipline is an issue for me. And my spiritual journey has found me seeking renewed inner peace. Step by step, bit by bit, I'll talk about these things. For tonight, though, I wish you a very happy and blessed 2012, and may all your resolutions come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment