Monday, January 30, 2012

Keeping fear at bay

So, I have gotten on Pinterest. Dangerous thing...this could be quite addictive. I ran across an inspirational quote on there that really applies to my weight loss.
It goes something like, "Don't let your fear be bigger than your faith."
I confided in a very good friend of mine that losing weight to a normal size is a bit scary. I have been overweight my entire life, and the thing about that is I have a cocoon around me, and it really is scary shedding that cocoon.
Will people treat me differently? More specifically, will men treat me differently? I haven't been looking to meet someone, figuring if it is meant to be, it will be. And if not, that's OK, too. But if I an thinner, will more guys find me attractive? Will I be able to tell if it's the inner me they like?
I wouldn't be honest with myself if I didn't admit I am feeling some fear.
So this saying really hit home. I need to trust God that Iwill be able to handle whatever comes my way. I need to realize that dealing with that kind of stuff will be far less frightening than dealing with potential health problems.
This is an area where I need to be seeking peace. I need to buff up my faith I this area and not be afraid to reinvent my appearance for the sake of my health and for the sake of whatever God has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment